Benefits Service Specialist
Posting Date: 09/06/2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reports to: Risk Marketing Manager
Exempt, Non-Supervisory Position
1. Responsible for managing 80+ existing accounts and implementing new business in the North Texas and Oklahoma Region.
2. Responsible to guide accounts by providing industry updates, benefit plan education, policy interpretation, and customer service.
3. Leads the renewal process, including proactive education and dialogue with Fund Contacts to ensure timely and appropriate decisions and process flow.
4. Performs on-site education meetings, claim assistance and customer service to enrolled members.
5. Functions as liaison between Fund Contacts and senior management.
6. Will work with City Council members to give them the information that they need to make good purchasing decisions.
7. Protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and records that TML IEBP creates, receives, maintains or transmits by complying with TML IEBP policies and procedures, including policies and procedures on physical, administrative and technical safeguards.
Qualifications / Skills Required
1. Minimum of 2-3 years commercial insurance experience. Prefer 3 years marketing experience
2. Proven track record of successful career in sales/account management – insurance market.
3. Strong presentation, negotiation and customer service skills. Knowledgeable on the Affordable Care Act, Healthcare, Pharmacy Benefits, Dental, and Vision Benefits, Flex Benefits and Supplemental Products including Life/LTD/STD/PBM benefits
4. Must also have computer skills for Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
5. Must have a valid TX driver’s license, be able to travel and have travel management experience
6. Understands ancillary products such as Life, STD/LTD, EAP, LTC, etc.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to Human Resources. Indicate the position you are applying for
and detail how you meet the qualifications listed. You may fax this information to (512) 719-6717
, email us at Email Us
, or mail it
TML MultiState IEBP
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 140644
Austin, TX 78714-0644